Don’t worry, No spoilers ahead.
WARNING(advice rather)- It’s rather a favour to you all. Don’t sit till the end, there’s no after credit scene. I wasted my maybe 3 minutes watching whole credits. There’s nothing.
—————————— ————— —————
This movies isn’t actually as bad as critics from all over the world have battered it. I just came back from the movie theatre and let me tell you that it’s quite a good one if we take away all the flashbacks from it.
- Ben Affleck as Batman was not that good a choice in my opinion, I really can’t find any reason that why was an old batman was needed for such a role?
- Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was pretty classy, though not much of screen time was given to her but still it was quite good enough.
- Henry Cavill as Superman– As seen in Man of Steel, no change at all, tough and strong and absolutely charming.
- Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor was good enough. He tried to be as psychotic as his role demanded but I believe he tried and gave his best, though a better performance could’ve been given by a better actor. Kevin Spacey might would had been a good choice this time I guess.
- And yes we do see some more superheroes, but just little glimpse and nothing more than that. So will talk about them when their movies arrive I guess.
- Set quite appropriately. The continuation from Man of Steel wasn’t a bad idea and Batman getting angry about what happened in the first movie was a well put point too and that’s what sets the theme to the whole movie.
- Batman– I just didn’t like Ben Afleck as Batman. What legacy Christian Bale gave us, Ben wasn’t able to continue that. The Batmobile wasn’t even wasn’t that good for gods sake. And the bat suit? Don’t even start me on that.
- Flashbacks and Nightmares- I’ve no darn idea why these flashbacks and nightmares were there in whole movie. They didn’t depict anything much and they were absolutely and horribly misleading. Without giving away anything I’d just say that few or rather most of these were used in the trailers and these are just nightmares and nothing else. Not at all related to the storyline.
- The nemesis- Doomsday in my opinion isn’t that good an enemy in this movie. The way Marvel has developed its enemy lineup, I don’t think DC has been able to do that well enough with theirs.
- I loved the part where these all the superheroes line up together. For an avid fan of superhero movies, it was a treat. Though critics from all over the world have been saying that the movie is way too long but for me even 2 hrs 30 mins wasn’t enough. And why I say so because Zack Snyder tried too hard to show everything in this movie. He didn’t want to leave anything. But that everything was way too much actually. As a movie enthusiast, I’d say that this movie should have been in two parts actually and that would had been much better. I wouldn’t had mind if they had tried what Anurag Kashyap did with Gangs of Wasseypur….just saying.
- Setting up the base for others to come. Aquaman, Flash, Cyborg….yeah you heard me right, they all are coming very soon and for a fan like me, I am pretty much excited.
The movie overall is quite good and trust me when I say that I’ve no idea why critics are battering this movie so badly even when it’s quite a good one. Though hectic and a lot to take in, but still a good one. That’s why I gave 7.5 out of 10.